Health Policy Week: Health Equity: What the Radiologist Needs to Know
The ASNR Health Policy Week features a selection of webinars and podcasts brought to you by ASNR members to provide important updates and relevant information in the areas of advocacy and health policy.
Tag(s)Healthcare Policy, Diversity & Inclusion, Webinar
RELEASE DATE: 2/3/2021
EXPIRATION DATE: 2/2/2024
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
To complete this activity, learners will watch a webinar (live or recorded) and submit a course evaluation. Once all elements are completed, a certificate will be provided in the Completed Courses section of the My Learning tab.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will have strategies to:
- Review concepts of health equity and health disparities.
- Summarize challenges and opportunities to provide equitable radiologic care.
- Engage participants in an active discussion of what this means for individual radiologists.
- Recognize the connection between payment policy and health equity.
- Identify the role of professional societies in influencing policy.
- Explain how individual radiologists can engage in this effort.
- Understand the history and trends of underrepresented minorities and women’s participation in the professional radiology workforce.
- Propose methods of improving the representation of URMs and women in the radiological professions.
John E. Jordan, MD, MPP, FACR
Erin Simon Schwartz, MD, FACR
Johnson Lightfoote, MD, FACR
Diversity and Representation in the Radiological Professions: Recent History and Current State
Geraldine McGinty, MD, MBA, FACR
Health Equity is Radiology’s Lane
Lucy B. Spalluto, MD, MPH
Health Equity – What is the Radiologist’s Role?
The American Society of Neuroradiology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Neuroradiology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Jordan, John: Nothing to disclose.
Schwartz, Erin Simon: Anderson Publishing, Inc., Editor-in-Chief.
Lightfoote, Johnson: Nothing to disclose.
McGinty, Geraldine: Nothing to disclose.
Spalluto, Lucy: Nothing to disclose.