Diversity & Inclusion Matters Webinar
Tag(s)Diversity & Inclusion, Webinar
Release Date: 7/8/2020
Expiration Date: 7/7/2023
To complete this activity, learners will watch a webinar (live or recorded) and submit a course evaluation. Once all elements are completed, a certificate will be provided in the Completed Courses section of the My Learning tab.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will have strategies to
- Review the status of diversity in medicine and radiology.
- Propose solutions for moving forward toward change.
- Understand the “specialty gap” in the underrepresentation of minorities in the radiological professions.
- Explain reasons that heath care disparities might be improved by improving representation among health care professionals.
- Define the difference between diversity and inclusion.
- Identify why diversity and inclusion is imperative for the success of any organization.
- Identify strategies for how to recruit and retain a diverse workforce in neuroradiology.
Thoughts on Diversity and Inclusion in Radiology
Tina Young Poussaint, MD, FACR
Diversity and Representation in the Radiological Professions
Johnson B. Lightfoote, MD, MBA, FACR
A Path Toward Gender Equality and Inclusive Organizations
Yoshimi Anzai, MD, MPH
The American Society of Neuroradiology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Neuroradiology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Poussaint, Tina Young: Nothing to disclose.
Lightfoote, Johnson B.: Nothing to disclose.
Anzai, Yoshimi: Nothing to disclose.
Schwartz, Erin Simon: Nothing to disclose.
Johnson, Michele: IschiemiaView, Scientific/Medical Advisory Board Member.
Jordan, John: Nothing to disclose.