Wine Tasting 101: Tips and Sips with a Neuro-Somm
Sunday, May 23, 2021 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Facilitator: Alisa Gean, MD CS, CSW, FWS, IWS, WSET (Diploma C), CWAS
Join colleagues and neuro-wine enthusiasts at this exclusive virtual Wine-tasting, hosted by fellow Neuroradiologist and Expert Sommelier, Alisa Gean. Registration available with or without wine. A portion of your registration will go to the ASNR Foundation.
- $100 – With Wine: Ticket includes two bottles of wine shipped to you prior to event (residents of the US only, excludes Utah, Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, and Delaware)
- $50 – BYOB: Event Only (no wine)
Sign up available at registration, capacity is limited so please register early.
Mind and Body Wellness: Do you know How to Sit? Office Yoga and Ergonomics
Sunday, May 23, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Facilitator: Achala Vagal, MD, MS
Join us for this 30-minute session facilitated by Dr. Achala Vagal (our very own certified yoga teacher) as she walks attendees through how to position their bodies, chairs and computers/equipment to obtain the healthiest stance for the long hours spent at desks. Simple desk yoga poses can minimize back and shoulder pain, relieve chronic stress and tension that add up daily at our workstations. Session includes an open discussion at the end with Dr. Vagal. Open to everyone.
Mind and Body Wellness: Do you Know How to Breathe? Practical Tips to Harness the Power of Breath
Tuesday, May 25, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Facilitator: Achala Vagal, MD, MS
Join us for this 30-minute session facilitated by Dr. Achala Vagal (our very own certified yoga teacher) as she walks attendees through some simple breathing techniques that can be implemented throughout the day to reduce stress, calm your mind and promote focus. In fact, some of the breathwork can even replace your coffee cup! Session includes an open discussion at the end with Dr. Vagal. Open to everyone.
ASNR’s Got Talent: Building on Our Strengths
Monday, May 24, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Showcase your talent amongst peers! ASNR is seeking musicians, rising TikTok stars, artists, comedians, variety show acts, etc. to enter a submission to the first inaugural ASNR’s Got Talent Virtual Event. No talent is off-limits and all are invited to enter! Chosen finalists will be showcased at the ASNR’s Got Talent Virtual Reception being held at ASNR’s Annual Meeting, 6:30 p.m. CT on May 24, 2021. Finalists will be audience voted during the event and winners will be selected by our featured judge panel. Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
- Best Solo Act
- Best Group Performance
- Best Art Entry
HOW IT WORKS:
- Interested participants should submit their talent by March 26, 2021
- Submissions will be reviewed and finalists selected to perform or be showcased during the ASNR’s Got Talent Reception
- Selected finalists will be required to submit their final performance video or art by May 7, 2021
- Select finalists are expected to attend ASNR’s Got Talent Virtual Reception on May 24, 2021.
- Prize winners will be selected through audience votes and an expert judge panel during the reception
- Artist/Performer must be ASNR Member, for group performances only one group member must be an ASNR member to qualify
- Videos to be maximum 3 minutes in length
- Original work not required for submission, finalists will then be asked to record full performance for final airing during event
- Videos must be Family Friendly to be considered
- Artist must be an ASNR Member
- Art may include, paintings, drawings, sculptures, crafts – anything creative!
- Picture/photo of Art may be submitted in the following formats: .jpg or .png and must be hi-resolution (200dpi, 1MB or larger)
Submission Deadline March 26, 2021