ASNR collects, uses and stores the minimum amount of personal data that is necessary for one or more legitimate business purposes and to comply with legal obligations. When you apply for membership or create an account to become a registered user on our sites, such as www.asnr.org or www.aievolution.com/asn2001/, or choose to interact with us in other ways, you will be invited to submit certain information, which we collect in order to fulfill your expectations.
- Limits who has access to the personal data in our possession to only those who need it for legitimate business purposes.
- Protects personal data through physical and technical security measures tailored to the sensitivity of the personal data we hold.
- Communicates with our employees, customers, suppliers, business partners and others about how we intend to use personal data in our day-to-day operations.
- Takes reasonable steps to ensure our personal data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Integrates privacy in the design of our activities, the software we utilize, and projects that involve the use of personal data.
If you are based in the EU or the EEA and you are interacting with ASNR as a provider of services or goods, or us monitoring your behavior, then the related processing of your personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its implementing national laws.
For the purposes of European Union (EU) data protection law (in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR”, and its implementing laws at national level in the EU), we are controller of the processing of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), we describe in this Policy.
Types of Information Collected
We recognize personal data as any information related to an identified or identifiable individual. When you create an account to become a registered user on our sites, such as asnr.org or foundation.asnr.org, or choose to interact with us in other ways, you will be invited to submit certain information, which we collect in order to fulfill your expectations and anticipate your needs.
Types of information we collect:
- Membership information: when applying for an ASNR membership you will be asked to complete the appropriate form providing your contact and professional information.
- Accounts on our website: All members and customers have the possibility to create an online account. Besides the information you provide us when becoming a member, we also process your username and passwords.
- Registration to the annual meeting, events, and webinars: we organize different events and conferences, and usually require your contact details and for paid events, your financial details
- Customer information: we work with a variety of nonprofit and commercial partners to support our mission through advertising and sponsorship at our Annual Meeting, in journals, and other activities and collect information from them in the course of our interaction.
- Marketing activities: e-mail addresses and information about the interaction with our communications (such as IP addresses, opens, click-through data). We may also send surveys and collect various responses to these surveys which may include contact and professional information. ASNR uses this information to improve customer service, gather customer feedback and gauge interest in new products or services. ASNR also sends content provided by relevant commercial partners to interested members and meeting attendees.
- Videos and photos: we collect and use videos and photos of members and event attendees in publicly available educational and promotional materials. Some of them include testimonies of persons who authorized us to share their personal experiences.
- Submissions to our journals: we collect name, contact details, affiliation of authors that submit papers or reports to our journals.
How we use information — We process data received about you on the legal basis of ASNR’s legitimate interests in providing our services, websites, apps and their functionality to you. Once collected, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Register you for programs and services you have requested
- Process, fulfill and follow up on your orders or membership application
- Provide access to journal content
- Answer your emails or on-line requests
- Send information you request and verify your current information
- Send and process surveys and CME quizzes
- Process a job application or present an ad for a new position
- Report completion of CME or specialty board certification requirements
- Ensure the ASNR sites are relevant to your needs
- Deliver ASNR services such as newsletters, meetings or events
- Review your manuscript or comment about a journal article
- Alert you when fresh content is posted or released
- Invite you to join the ASNR or renew your membership
- Notify you about new products/services, special offers, upgrades and other related information from the ASNR, FASNR, ASNR Career Center and approved third parties
Our policy towards children
Our services are not directed to children.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. We may incidentally process personal data of children, for instance where participants to our events travel with family or when images we capture for our gallery of videos are those of conditions suffered by children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without their consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child has registered for our services and has provided us with personal data without the consent of their parent or guardian, we will delete such information from our files.
Disclosures to Third Parties
At times, ASNR engages third party contractors, service providers, and other vendors to help us accomplish our business objectives. There are other circumstances where we are required by law to disclose personal data to third parties such as public bodies or judicial authorities.
We engage with our agents, representatives, contractors, service providers or other third parties for the following services:
- authorization of credit card transactions (US based),
- order fulfillment (US based),
- membership management (US based),
- Marketing email and print partners (US based),
- Education management partners (US based),
If the engagement involves the transmission of personal data, we require the service provider to treat that data consistent with this policy.
ASNR may also disclose information in special cases when it has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; (c) enforce the Website Terms and Conditions of Use; or (d) act to protect the interests of our users or others. Occasionally ASNR may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose such information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena in cooperation with a law enforcement investigation. ASNR reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the European Economic Area (EEA), ASNR is committed to process your personal data lawfully and facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the European General Data Protection regulation (GDPR). You can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy concerns.
Legal basis for data collection and use:
We only collect and use personal data when there is a fair and legal basis for its collection and use, for instance, when the collection of personal data is necessary to become member of the Society, to meet our legitimate interests to send marketing material, to comply with legal obligations or when we have your authorization. See below the legal basis for each collection:
- Membership information: necessity to enter into a contract or for the performance of a contract and legitimate interest
- Registration to events, conferences and the annual meeting: necessity to enter into or for the performance of a contract. For certain processing of personal data in relation to our events, we rely on legitimate interest (e.g. taking photos during the event) to advance our mission as a membership organization in providing education and information.
- Marketing activities: Consent for email marketing; our legitimate interests for marketing conducted other than through email or phone call;
- Business information: necessity to enter into a contract or for the performance of a contract
- Videos and photos: Legitimate interest for informational and educational activities with consent to use specific images and video
- Mobile App: legitimate interest to assist Annual Meeting attendees navigate and organize their meeting experience and consent
- Journal submissions: necessity to enter or for the performance of a contract
- Information collected automatically: consent
Privacy rights under the European regulation:
Transparency and the right to information: we provide notice to our members, website users and other third parties who interact with us of how we use personal data in our day-to-day activities at the time of collecting personal data, or as soon thereafter as possible. We also publish this privacy notice for a greater transparency.
Right to access, rectification, restriction of processing, erasure, and data portability: if you are based in the EEA we provide you with access to your own personal data. In addition, we will rectify your personal data when it is incorrect or inaccurate, and we will ensure the right to erasure, portability and to restriction of processing when these rights are not incompatible with other legal obligations.
Opt-in for marketing communications: we provide an opportunity to our members, website users and other third parties who interact with us to opt-in to receive news, announcements, and the latest information on products and services from ASNR and its partnering organizations. Those members who do not opt in will receive emails relevant to course registrations or purchases (e.g. registration confirmations or purchase receipts) or necessary to your continued membership in ASNR (e.g. dues notices).
Right to object and withdraw consent at any time: for all marketing materials, you can opt-out anytime, and free of charge. The right to object for other processing activities will be balanced to ensure that it is not incompatible with local regulations or our legitimate interests.
These requests should be submitted as follows:
- Opt-out of marketing communications: you can opt-out anytime by updating your opt-in information in your member profile or following unsubscribe notices in marketing emails. You will still continue to receive emails relevant to course registrations or purchases (e.g. registration confirmations or purchase receipts) or necessary to your continued membership in ASNR (e.g. dues notices).
- To exercise the rest of your rights: you should send a communication in writing to:
American Society of Neuroradiology
800 Enterprise Dr, Suite 205
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523, USA
In order to fulfil this request, we may require you provide us information to verify your identity and specify your request. We will attend to your request in a timely manner within 30 days after receiving your request. If for any reason we need to extend this period of time, we will contact you.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
International Transfers of Personal Data
If you are located outside the United States and you interact with our website or provide us personal data, then your personal data may be transferred to the United States.
We transfer your personal data to the United States whenever you interact with us.
The US has not sought, nor obtained adequacy status from the European Union. The EU-US Privacy Shield framework obtained an adequacy decision. The level of protection of your personal data is not deemed equivalent to the one in the EU unless the receiving organization is self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield or implements other approved transfer mechanisms. As a not-for-profit organization, we are not able to adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, nor implement other transfer mechanisms.
We transfer your personal data on the basis of the derogations in Article 49 GDPR, particularly:
- Necessity to enter and for the performance of a contractfor registration information to participate to our events; for processing personal data of our members to maintain their relationship with our organization, provide them services including when they log in to their member accounts; and also for processing personal data for online and offline courses.
- Explicit consent, by opt-in, for newsletter subscribers and certain processing in relation to organizing events – such as storing photos, and marketing activities;
As for safeguards to your personal data, we directly apply the GDPR provisions to your personal data. As a matter of principle, we do not engage in any onward transfers regarding your data, beyond the access that our processors have to your data. We select carefully our processors and we require that provide equivalent safeguard mechanisms.
ASNR takes commercially reasonable precautions to keep all information obtained from our members, conference participants, app users and online visitors secure against unauthorized access and use and we periodically review our security measures.
We use identification and authentication processes to ensure that access to PII is limited to ASNR employees who require it. When compiling statistics, we anonymize member data and report on aggregate measures. We employ encryption technology to protect data at rest and in transit.
You should be aware, however, that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
This site contains links to other sites. While ASNR strives to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, ASNR is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites.
ASNR MAKES NO CLAIMS, PROMISES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR ADEQUACY OF THE CONTENTS OF ITS SITE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS AND OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED, EXPRESSED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE OR ITS HYPERLINKS TO OTHER INTERNET RESOURCES. REFERENCE IN THIS WEBSITE TO ANY SPECIFIC COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS, PROCESSES OR SERVICES, OR THE USE OF ANY TRADE, FIRM OR CORPORATION NAME IS FOR THE INFORMATION AND CONVENIENCE OF THE PUBLIC AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION BY RSNA.
ASNR applies the storage limitation principle in order to retain personal data in our records only for the length of time required to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected.
According to our retention policy
We only keep personal data in our records as long as they are necessary for the purposes they have been processed. The retention period depends on the context in which we process data, for instance:
- 3 years: complaints involving active members
- 7 years: CME activity data, contracts (after completion)
- Permanent: membership application, journal article copyright transfer agreements. Only this information is stored permanently for archiving purposes according to our internal regulations.
Changes to this Policy
ASNR may occasionally update this privacy statement and other statements referenced by it as new services and programs are introduced.
These changes will be notified to you via an email communication and/or by placing a prominent notice on the Site.
You can contact us at:
American Society of Neuroradiology
800 Enterprise Dr., Suite 205
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523, USA
If you order an ASNR product, your email address is used to send you an order confirmation and to alert you to any changes in the availability of the items you ordered. ASNR may send occasional emails about changes to this website and product specials that may interest you.
4. ASNR Website Usage:
ASNR shall not be held responsible for damage or loss of any kind due to your use of any product purchased on this site. ASNR reserves the right to limit quantities and to reject orders from dealers and resellers.
ASNR disclaims liability for misprints, incomplete, stale or otherwise inaccurate pricing distributed or provided by other parties or websites including but not limited to shopping, search, or comparison engines or similar entities on websites other than www.asnr.org. In the event that another entity provides inaccurate pricing for any reason, the price listed at www.asnr.org at the time of order will prevail. Further, ASNR reserves the right to change its prices at any time without notice.
This website and all its contents are intended solely for personal, noncommercial use. You may download or copy the contents displayed on the website for personal use only. No right, title, or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the contents of this website. The content on this website may be used only as an educational resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content on this website is strictly prohibited.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of this website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account that the user is not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing” or “crashing”; (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. RSNA will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity being conducted on this website.
ASNR welcomes your comments about this website. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, suggestions, or other communications submitted by you shall be and remain the exclusive property of ASNR. Your submission of any such comments shall constitute an assignment to ASNR of all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. ASNR will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, publish, and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Hence, ASNR asks that you not send any comments that you do not wish to assign to ASNR, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as product ideas, computer code, or original artwork.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold ASNR harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of this website
5. Personally Identifiable Patient Data: Unless prior written individual authorization is obtained, you agree to not use or disclose on ASNR’s website any health information that identifies or with respect to which a reasonable basis exists to believe that the information can be used to identify an individual. Health information identifies an individual or creates a reasonable basis to identify an individual if: (1) it is created by or received from a health care provider, health plan, employer or health care clearinghouse; and (2) it relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition of the individual, the provision of health care to the individual, or the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual.
Health information that identifies or creates a reasonable basis to identify an individual includes the following types of information: name, address (including street address, city, county, zip code, or equivalent geocodes), names of relatives and employers, birth date, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses, Social Security number, medical record number, health plan beneficiary number, account number, certificate or license number, any vehicle or other device serial number, web URL, Internet Protocol (IP) address, finger or voice prints, photographic images, radiographic images or other diagnostic images that include identifying data, and any other unique identifying number, characteristic or code (whether generally available in the public realm or not) that you have a reason to believe may be available to an anticipated recipient of information.
Health information may be used or disclosed without written individual authorization only in the very narrow circumstance where it has been de-identified by eliminating the specified identifying information listed above and you have no reason to believe that a reasonably anticipated recipient could use the remaining information either alone or in combination with other information to identify the individual. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any such determination and agree to indemnify ASNR for the consequences of such determination.
If federal or state requirements protecting individual health information are more restrictive than the regulations in this section of the agreement, then you agree to abide by the federal or state requirements.
6. Copyright Information
Copyrights – All contents of the ASNR website are: Copyright ©2020 American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR), All Rights Reserved.
With the exception of material on other servers that is linked to this server, all materials available on this server are copyrighted by the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR), 800 Enterprise Dr., Suite 205, Oak Brook, IL 60523. Links can be made to any of these ASNR materials from your WWW pages. However, please link to the original documents. Copying and/or serving from your local website is allowed only with permission of the ASNR. As per copyright regulations, “fair use” of selected portions of the material for educational purposes by individuals and organizations is permitted provided that proper attribution accompanies such use. The ASNR copyright notice must appear on all copies.
Commercial reproduction or multiple distribution by any traditional or electronically based reproduction/publication method is prohibited. The name of the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR), or the ASNR logo may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of this information without specific, written prior permission. The American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR) makes no representations about the suitability of this information for any purpose. It is provided “as is” without express or implied warranty.
7. Links to Third-Party Websites: References on this website to any names, marks, products, or services of third parties or hypertext links to third-party sites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you and do not in any way constitute or imply ASNR endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, information, product, or service. ASNR is not responsible for the content of any third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such sites.
8. No Medical Advice or Referrals: The information posted on ASNR’s website should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified neuroradiologic professional. The ASNR does not answer specific medical questions or refer people to a particular neuroradiologic professional.
9. No Literature or Web Searches: ASNR does not conduct searches of the medical literature or of information contained on the Internet for persons accessing this website and requesting such searches.
10. General Disclaimers, Exclusion of Damages, and Limitation of Liability: The information, software, products and services included in or available through the ASNR website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. ASNR may make improvements and/or changes in the ASNR website at any time. Advice received via the ASNR website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions, and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice.
ASNR makes no representations about its website, including without limitation ASNR website’s suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness and accuracy of the information, materials, software, products, services, and graphics. ASNR provides ASNR’s website, including without limitation all information, materials, software, products, services and graphics “as is” without warranty of any kind.
Your sole and exclusive remedy if you are dissatisfied with any portion of the ASNR website is to discontinue using it. ASNR in no event under any circumstances whatsoever shall be liable for any direct, indirect, compensatory, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the ASNR website, with the delay or inability to use the RSNA website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, materials, software, products, services, and graphics obtained through the ASNR website, security breaches, or otherwise arising out of the use of the ASNR website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, even if ASNR has been advised of the possibility of damages.
Also in particular, in no event shall ASNR be held liable for any direct, indirect, compensatory, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of in connection with the information provided on ASNR website, including without limitation in connection with the use of techniques or procedures discussed on the ASNR website.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the exclusion of certain types of damages. Therefore, if and only if required by applicable law, some of the foregoing exclusions may not apply to you.
11. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify ASNR from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) and damages arising out of claims based upon your use of RSNA’s website, including without limitation any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other members and infringement of intellectual property or other rights. RSNA will notify you promptly of any claim which ASNR seeks indemnification and will afford you the opportunity to participate in the defense of such a claim, provided that your participation will not be conducted in a manner prejudicial to ASNR’s interests as reasonably determined by ASNR
12. Construction: If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including without limitation the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
You can contact us at:
American Society of Neuroradiology
800 Enterprise Dr., Suite 205
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523, USA