Congratulations to the following ASNR leaders who have recently won prestigious awards – all have done great work in Radiology and these awards are well deserved!
- Yoshimi Anzai, MD, MPH, will receive the RSNA 2021 Gold Medal. Dr. Anzai is our current Co-Chair of the Evidence Based Medicine Committee and serves in many leadership positions with multiple radiology societies providing advocacy, research and expertise to colleagues and trainees.
- Adam Flanders, MD, is being awarded the 2021 RSNA Outstanding Educator Award. This award is given to pioneers in their specialty who have made significant contributions to radiologic education over the past 15 years. Dr. Flanders has served on multiple ASNR committees and works closely with us and RSNA on AI Challenges and Common Data Elements.
- The American Society of Emergency Radiology (ASER) Gold Medal for 2021 was awarded to Michele Johnson, MD, FACR, FASER, in recognition of distinguished and exemplary service to ASER and the emergency radiology field. Dr. Johnson is a Past President of the ASSR, is the current Chair of the ASNR Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and has held multiple leadership positions in many societies.
- Jonathan S. Lewin, MD, is also a RSNA 2021 Gold Medal award winner. He is a lifelong scholar and educator and is a recognized leader in radiology.
- Carolyn C. Meltzer, MD, will receive the 2021 Gold Medal from the Academy for Radiology and Biomedical Imaging Research. Dr. Meltzer, a former ASNR President and current RSNA Board member, has held numerous national leadership roles in many radiology related societies. She has and continues to positively impact the fields of radiology and research.
Thank you all for these amazing contributions to Radiology and to Neuroradiology. Bravo and congratulations!