ASNR joins the ESR, ACR and RSNA in recognizing the 2nd Annual International Day of Radiology on Nov. 8, 2013. This day marks the achievements of radiology worldwide and aims to bring greater public awareness to the field’s role in advancing medicine.
We encourage radiologists and their institutions to join in activities to help bring attention to this day. A few simple things you can do to participate include:
1. Like the “International Day of Radiology” page (http://www.facebook.com/internationaldayofradiology) on Facebook and join the official event page (http://www.facebook.com/events/348624961879933/) for updates.
2. Download the IDOR poster and display it in your institution to help raise awareness. (http://www.internationaldayofradiology.com/wp_live_idor_uai3A/wp-content… ).
3. Promote patient education of neuroradiology by linking your website to ASNR’s Patient Information site (www.asnr.org/patientinfo).
4. Reach out to your local media to highlight stories of radiology’s achievements in your own practice. Encourage your patients to share their stories.
5. Explore the International Day of Radiology website (http://www.internationaldayofradiology.com/) for additional materials and ideas.